Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy New Year!

Wow! It has been too long since I have blogged! I do not know where to begin, but I will try to do a speed round up of the recent events.....




We had our first visitors!!!! Amar & Isabelle Guillen came to Thailand & we were so blessed by their stay! We had a great time catching up and showing them around Ban Nam Khem. Both Amar & Isabelle are professional photographers and they were able to go through the village and take amazing pictures. I hope to have copies to share with you soon. My highlight of the trip was an elephant ride! Living in Thailand we had never done Elephant trekking & they treated us to our first ride. I tried to take pictures, but 99% of my shots were blurred from the elephant's movement. It was nice to have them here to work in some fun! We tend to get so wrapped up in the ministry & it was nice to have some fun with our friends!




There was a graduation on December 31st! It was great! The 3 disciples who lived in the house graduated a 3 month program where they sought the Lord in prayer, studying the Word, attending the school, evangelism & outreach. It was a beautiful celebration as the men have been forever changed with the love of Christ. Amar and Isabelle captured the night with their cameras & I hope to have pictures to share soon.

Our kids were given bicycle training by our Burmese friends….priceless….





The team is BACK! Well almost, we are still missing Isaac, but…. Wow! I cannot tell how long 5 months feels like without them! Just this week Donna returned, Todd and Renee & their children return & Brad returned also! It was crazy seeing so many white people! We have a lot or catching up to do & are all excited for what the Lord plans for this upcoming year!

In other news, it is only 20 days until we leave for America. I can hardly believe we are actually getting to go home for a visit due to mandatory visa expiration! We are looking forward to Christian fellowship & sharing the vision & the encouragement of friends and family!


Ok, well that is the speed round. I will do my best to stay up to date as much as possible. May God bless you!

2 comments:

The Herd said...

Amy,
I heard you are coming back from Abby...are you guys speaking anywhere? I love the Elephant ride! I am so glad that you had visitors--that is so special!!

Michael Ivison said...

Hey...This is Michael Ivison. Leave me a comment when you get the chance.