Monday, December 08, 2008

My High Council

I don’t know about you, but I have the tendency to just run right to Trent and say what ever I am thinking about. Usually I have not put too much thought into those words. Probably because I know Trent loves me unconditionally – ha ha! But, being the good husband he is – he does his best to try to correct my wrong thinking, fix my problem/situation, and/or try to encourage me.

To no fault of his, most of the time- I don’t want to hear it! Unless of course, he is giving me a big FAT



I said it! It is true!!!

99% of the time my husband is right on! Rebuke and all (when needed)! But, after being corrected by the Holy Spirit on receiving a word of correction, the Lord revealed to me my real “problem”.

My real problem being that I did not come to Him first. The Holy Spirit is my High Counselor. The good news for this uninsured lady is that I have full insurance in HIM!

By going to the Lord first, even before my best friend and husband, I have the ability to allow my thoughts to come in align with His thoughts. To allow the Lord into that intimate place of High Council He longs to be. Not that there is wrong in seeking your spouse’s council, but what a beautiful intimacy to share that with the Lord.

The second part of what I feel like the Holy Spirit was sharing with me is the power in my words.

Proverbs 18:21 (New American Standard Bible)
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

By taking time out to meet with the Lord and seek Him in my thinking, opinions, and concerns – this allows me to protect myself from…..myself! Choosing words of life, rather than words of death! There is power in that!

Not to mention, I get to be the help meet to Trent he needs, instead of more work! Ha!

1 comment:

The Blakes said...

AMEN SISTER!!!