Monday, May 21, 2007

God is Awesome

May 21
God Is Awesome
Chang A is a man that came to church this past week and looked deathly ill. After the service Todd and I approached him and asked if we could pray for him, but he was not interested in prayer. He voiced that he and his wife had no place to sleep. We found him a bed and said that he could sleep in the church. (The church is a cement box like a garage) He accepted and for a few days he would lay and listen to the gospel of our Lord Jesus. After three days we came to the church and he was catatonic, and laid there not responding at ALL! Eye's open! This was reported to us by Si Mo Mo who also lives at the church with his family. They put him in the back of a pick up and took him to the SHACK they call a hospital. Immediately Todd and I went to the hospital to pray for Chang A. I have gone to the hospital many times now to pray for the sick and dieing; however, I don't believe I will feel any more comfortable after a thousand times. Hell never fails to be offensive to The Spirit of God! The entire environment is stuffed with death! Every since is attacked: the smell of urine, the sound of moans and low budget medical equipment flood the ears, the eye's are raped with the sight of the dead waiting for death, the mouth tastes the cheap antiseptic used to clean the bed soars of the dieing. While the devil himself says to your heart, "THEIR MINE!" "OPEN YOUR EYE'S, ARE YOU GONG TO SAVE THESE PEOPLE!" "YOUR IN OVER YOUR HEAD GO BACK TO JUST TAKING ABOUT YOUR GOD." Fear crashes into the reality of your faith in these kind a moments. Then through the sounds, smells, sights, and ever the tastes a still quite voice whispers clearly. "Lo I am with you even to the ends of the earth." Where can I go Oh awesome King where you are not? Lo if I make my bed in Hell you are there! Now is where I tell the devil, "SHUT THE OPEN GRAVE YOU CALL A MOUTH!" Todd and I began to pray quietly, Chang A had just enough strength to struggle to keep one eye partly opened and I heard the Spirit ask me to pray for strength! "You will get up out of this bed and walk!" In the Name of Jesus! After praying we turned to the gurney next to Chang A and asked the people who stood around their dieing father. May we prayer for your father? No! About that time out of the corner of my eye I see a man standing next to me, and it startles me! It's Chang A! He looking at the man and says, "God has given me strength through Jesus and He now wants to strengthen you!" He got up out of his bed by first taking the IV out of his arm. He was alert and smiling everything changed about his countenance. He was released from the hospital the next day!

No comments: