Friday, May 25, 2007

Random thoughts from Amy

May 25
Random thoughts from Amy
Today my mind is racing..... Yes, it works! Anyways, we have been on the mission field now 6 months. It has been fulfilling as the Lord has used us and we know we are being obedient to the call of God on our lives. In reflection today I was thinking back over the last 6 months. Here are some of my thoughts:
We have been called to the "mission field" (ours is foreign) and I am thankful the Lord has a perfect Father heart. He is so inlove with the lost coming to Him, yet He is ever inlove with me & making me more like Him through this process.
"We must decrease so that He will increase". This is painful because our flesh wants to live everyday. "Decreasing" is awesome, only because of Christ being magnified in us more.
You can have all things, but if you have not love - you have nothing! Meaning, you can be Mr. or Ms. Spiritual whatever, but if love is not flowing from your heart, you are a Pharisee.
I have learned that every person, every situation in my life is to make me more like Jesus. There will always be irritating people or situations. There will always be a bazillion mosquitos here, but the Holy Spirit is looking and desiring to have my response to be holy.
I am learning that the Holy Spirit wants to make every problem to be a mirror to me. What is He seeing in my life through this process? Is Jesus being seen in me?
I understand the vital necessity that you can have any number of ministries, but if you do not have intimacy with the Lord, DAILIY- you are prey.
I am learning that when it gets really hot here & I wait to do homeschool till late in the afternoon, that my children forget everything I have ever taught them. The heat must paralyze their brain cells............................. Your prayers would be appreciated

No comments: