Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Jax - trusting child


I love all 3 of my children, but today Jackson was on my mind. Jackson is a very typical little boy! He loves bugs, frogs, gecko’s, any super hero, can hardly sit still & very curious. His curiosity reminds me of Curious George. Curious George never really did anything intentionally, but boy did some things happen. I am happy to report that since the 2005 flooding of our house by the “commode incident” there has not been another monsterous disaster!

Anyway, I am looking at “Jax” (as we all call him) and just totally taken with his carefree attitude.

“Mommy I’m hungry.” He says.

“Peanut butter and Jelly or Ham and Cheese?” I ask as if I do not already know the answer. Ham and cheese it is!
Jax is off swinging a rubber snake crazily through the house.
He just told me he was hungry and knew Mommy was going to handle it & then just went back to what he was doing.

This got me to thinking. It made me think about how God provides for me. How God is so faithful to provide our every need. Yet, sometimes I give him my needs or my “anxieties” and I do not go in believing that it is “handled” as my son did. So many times I give it to God, only to take it back and carry a specific burden.

If Jax would not believe that I would feed him, I would be hurt – insulted. That I wouldn’t provide for my child? I think not! But now I have to think about how my unintentional holding of the things I give to God, only to take back hurts my Heavenly Father. Lord forgive me!
Through my son the Holy Spirit ministered to me.

Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Thanksgiving because you trust in Whom you have asked – Amen!

No comments: