Friday, October 24, 2008

The Change is a Hard Reality in Many Areas

Notice new photo's to the right....new slideshow...

As you may already know, my sister in law, Carrie Pruett, is sick with Typhoid Fever in Chiang Mai Thailand. We had been serving with them for about 2 years while we were in Thailand ourselves. Please keep her in your prayers for a speedy recovery. She is on medication & is finally able to rest.

When this happened I started feeling very ..... very .... strange. For lack there of a better explanation. It was a feeling of helplessness. I know I can pray, but I could not physically help. Help by taking the children so that Todd could be free. Help by making meals. All the things we would naturally do like when we were together. So we prayed our hearts out! I share that to explain this "transitional feeling" our entire family is feeling.

It is like you are in the middle of 2 places. You go from being a foreigner to being a citizen. That may not explain it well. But regardless - we are all starting to have feeling about our return to America. It is great in so many ways & we know, that we know it is the Will of God for us, but wow - so different!

Braden still cries A LOT about missing plants, our dog, our house there. He likes everything THERE! He misses his cousins and friends with whom he played with A LOT. He misses his family there (Unlces and Aunts both related and not). He is by far having the hardest adjustment.

Trinity cried herself almost to sleep last night about missing her cousins. She doesn't know why we have to be apart. It is heart wrenching to hear her cry, because it is such a deep cry.

Jackson, well he is by far our BEST at this transition. 1 month later & he misses our home there, but content with today.

Trent too is doing really well, but the reality of not being on the mission field is hard to swallow even in the will of God. He is praying and praying to stay working full time for God.

Me, well I have a very different attitude coming back. A very thankful heart! I am so happy for all the conveniences that we have here & the easy communication with people ANYWHERE. But I do miss the joy of serving there. I miss our team. I miss our dog too.... But more than anyway of being able to actually describe it, it is just this lost in the middle before we walk into what God has before us.

So! I do not post this to be a downer. Really, it is a great day! I just thought I would put in a journal entry about some realities we have had returning to the states. People have asked me, "Do you miss Thailand?" Then I thought, maybe other people returning from the mission field might be able to relate? Anyway, here is my view point about our cross cultural move - 1 month after stepping back onto American soil.

No comments: