Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thanksgiving time.....

Ok, so it is already cold here! And, guess what!?!? This is nothing with what I am about to share, but – we won new snow suits for the kids on ebay for $24.99 each! If you do not know, snow suits for the kids that will do the job here in S.D. are very expensive!!! We have just moved from the tropics & it gets below zero here & we have been praying how to go about the cold with our kids. Then in complete shock, I won a ridiculous bid on ebay. I know that it was and is The Hand of God! Here is my kids all suited up…..now all we need is some snow!



I find it a bit interesting that we have returned to the states – right before the holidays….. Anyway, I start there because I have had such a different perspective on life since returning to America. Don’t get me wrong, I saw God in all the little things in Thailand too. I loved our time in Thailand! It was life giving, sustaining, and changing!!! But, to live life away from many modern conveniences, wow, it just proves that they are indeed – conveniences. Gifts!
So, I continue to thank the Lord daily for the things I feel so blessed. From hot water at the kitchen sink to a drying machine for our laundry. But today I have to add an AMAZING PRAISE report!
Once we got here, within 8 days, Jackson became ill. He had a serious infection that was also overdramatized into a airborne disease by the hospital. Anyway, needless to say after a few doctor appointments, an emergency ambulance ride, a good stay in an isolated private airflow room, including all medications and a breathing machine to take home……it started adding up! If you didn’t know, we don’t have insurance! But, then again we do! We have Holy Ghost insurance! Ha!
The bills starting coming….we couldn’t pay. We talked to the hospital. Then, we got a notice from a collection company over one of the bills. We stood still in FAITH!
Yesterday we got a call….a beautiful call. The State of South Dakota has covered our medical bills! From our prescriptions to our ambulance rides to our hospital stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank You Jesus! I want to encourage you who are reading. Just when the enemy tries to get you to doubt the faithful Father! Stand Firm! He is Jehovah Jirah – The Lord Will Provide!

1 comment:

The Equipped Life said...

I'm friends of Steph and John. Thank you. I needed this reminder today, for my life.