Sunday, October 19, 2008

Motherhood, home school, and ministry

Welcome to the maddness~


It has been quite a while since I have posted - sorry! It usually takes me a while to get into my groove once I have an adjustment. Well, I feel like I am getting there. So, what's been going on?

Jax - He is free!!!! Yes, no more being confined to the house!!! No more sickness! No wheezing - complete healing!!!! Woo hoo!

Braden - Still would rather be in Thailand. Still really sad about leaving our dog, Samson. BUT! We are making progress. He does not cry EVERY day about Samson. So, we are using this difficult time as a ministry for him - handpicked by God.

Look! Matching pants :) And yes, it is already COLD here!


Trinity - WOW! The word that comes to mind...LIFE....LOTS OF LIFE! That girl is something special!!!! She is a comedian at about 99% of the time. She has a heart of worship & is singing most of the time worship songs to God. She is such a joy!

Trent - Praying, seeking God's direction in many areas. Already helping out in the church as opportunitites arise. Not to mention, becoming very handy! Trent used to not have a handy bone in his body. But guess what?!?!? He is handy! He even made a table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check it out:


I don't know about you, but I am IMPRESSED!

Amy - Home schooling, ironing, staying ontop of laundry, home cooked meals in a fast paced world....preparing lesson plans for both Junior High & Childrens Church! I love it! I love being used :D It is so fun to prepare for sharing the love of God with children and youth & God has given me an opportunity to do that!! Thank you Jesus! As for the home, I think stepping back into a world where things are more convenient that it has given me such a thankful heart. In Thailand daily chores are so much work. You have the heat, and very few of the conveniences that you have here. So with these new found freedoms my goal is to remain thankful & to do a better job of living my life unto the Lord serving my family. Laundry is so much more easy here that I am done so quickly & am actually ironing! I know many moms out there have that down, but this is a new accomplishment for me. I am enjoying the will of God for us right now!!!


This washer and dryer IN PERFECT working condition was given to us as a gift to help us set up a home in America....once again.


Home school....Well, this is a huge deal now. Going into 2nd grade with my kids has been a big adjustment. Right now it is taking us from 9:30 am to 3:00 in the afternoon. This takes commitment from each of us. We do have break in the morning & then an hour for lunch to break up the day. It is just longer than last year! More classes, more time. But hey, the kids are getting smarter! Me too!







Ministry. Well, we have officially taken on the Childrens & Junior High positions at New Life Christian Fellowship here in Sioux Falls. We are excited to get started. There had been a Sunday School class for the kids. All ages in one as the staff was short handed. They were however getting solid teaching! Both Michele & Rita were serving whole heartedly & we hope to be able to follow in their footsteps! So we are excited to put a special ministry together for them. We are going to now have a midweek program for them & Sunday mornings. Sunday morning will now have the childrens program & an age appropriate Junior High program. There is a special need for hands on ministry for this age group for what they are about to walk into. Trent will be heading up the Junior High along with serving in Men's minsitry, assistance to everything Jeff needs, and he will also be doing Prison Ministry.

I will be doing the lesson planning for both. I will be specifically handling the Childrens Ministry, and helping Trent in anyway. There are a lot of opportunities to serve here and I am trying to go slow. I want to say yes to everything, but I know I have to take one step at a time. I am praying about leading a weekly new Christian discipleship for women as well as prison ministry for women. Keep me in your prayers for hearing what the Lord is asking of me. Not what I can do to be busy, but what He is truly asking of me.

I hope this catches you up to date, and I will post again soon!

2 comments:

hotsy said...

PRAISE THE LORD!! So good to hear all is well with the Pruett's!! God Bless you all!! Love Joan

The Herd said...

Thank you for the update...what a wonderful detailed one too! I love it! I am so happy for you to be out of the "heat" of Thailand. Do you miss T-land?