Friday, October 05, 2007

Kids Say the cutest things!


October 05
Kids say the cutest things!
I see Jackson laying on my bed and he looks very sad. Curious I go and ask him what is going on....
"It's just....I don't want to say it...." Jackson says.
I think......Oh no! Then calmly tell him, "It's okay Jax, you can tell Mommy."
Jackson says, "It's just....(tears welling up in his eyes).....it's just that I....(now looking at me heartbroken and teary eyed)....I like Spiderman more than Batman now"
I am shocked, relieved & trying to stay just as serious as him, "Jax it is ok. Spiderman is a good guy & you can still play with Batman sometimes"
Jackson, "Ok, but you better call Mimi and let her know. (just as he wipes his eyes dry!)
As if you couldn't already tell....Jackson has had a very serious liking to Batman for over a year now & he is such a loyal little guy that this was serious business!
Mimi is my Mom and knows of his former love and devotion to Batman :)
***************************************************************************************************
Now for those of you who do not know, Braden has started talking about his wife since he was 4 years old. This is not prompted by me at all. He is truly very curious about this wife of his. This is a recent random conversation.
Braden (VERY SERIOUS), "So Mom, how's it gonna happen?"
Me, "How is what going to happen Braden?"
Braden, "You know, love. How am I going to start loving my wife?"
What do you say to that! Ah!!!
Me, "Well, Braden I am not exactly sure. But the Lord is preparing a beautiful little lady for you! It will probably go something similar to this. You will see a girl & your heart will skip a beat. She will be beautiful to you & the more you get to know her, the more you will like her & then you will love her."
Braden, "Really? Oh, ok. Jackson you wanna play?"
***************************************************************************************************
Trinity overhearing this conversation with Braden.
Trinity, "Mommy I don't have to get married to somebody because Daddy says I can marry Jesus! Really!"
I just smile and nod as I know her Daddy has been at work here over his precious little daughter!

No comments: